I want to thank Cindy from http://dreamersperch.blogspot.com/ who gave me the "Smart Cookie" award a couple of weeks ago.
Now I have to do a number of things as the recipient of this award:
1) Thank the award giver and add a link to their blog. (See above).
2) Share some interesting facts on anything.
3) Pass the award to other "Smart Cookies".
I am going to give this award to the following bloggers:
Elizabeth Varadan aka : http://elizabethvaradansfourthwish.blogspot.com/
Liz Davis http://novel-moments.blogspot.com/
Karen G http://karenjonesgowen.blogspot.com
Rick Watson http://dorahighschoolalumni.blogspot.com/
J.L Campbell http://thecharacterdepot.blogspot.com/
Rachna Chhabria: http://rachnachhabria.blogspot.com
Rebecca Kiel: http://rebeccakielpages.blogspot.com/
Now I will share some interesting facts. I have an interest in the mind and the human brain so I will say something about them.
1) Meditation has been shown to have beneficial effects on our brains. A study showed that after meditating for eight weeks the brains of those who meditated showed measurable changes in gray matter density in areas related to memory, empathy and learning. (MRIs were done to show the findings).
2) According to the same study, meditation also reduced gray matter density in the amygdala, an area of the brain connected to stress and anxiety
3) Exercise protects the brain as it ages. It has been shown to improve concentration and learning.
4) Studies suggest that exercise helps to preserve mental functions and it may help to prevent Alzheimer's dementia.