I want to thank Claire at Word by Word for honoring my blog with the very Inspiring Blog Award . along with fourteen other blogs.
Claire is a very talented writer and a voracious reader who writes comprehensive book reviews. She even had a review published in The Guardian. Her posts are thorough, interesting and thought-provoking.
As a recipient of this award I will have to pass it on to other bloggers. I will also have to reveal seven things about my life:
1) I miss the art of writing letters. E-mails are not the same.
2) When I was 14 years old I typed some of my poems under a pen-name and then I delivered them myself in the mailboxes of strangers.
3) At the age of 12 I had my first short story published in the kids' section of a newspaper. It was about crickets and it was published under my real name. (I still keep it!).
4 ) When I was in high school I had a penchant for interviewing famous writers over the phone. As I was too shy to introduce myself I asked my younger sister to talk to them first to let them know what I wanted to do.
5) I was living in the city where "The Last Samurai" was filmed during the time it was filmed, but I never cared to watch this movie. It was filmed in a small city on the west coast of the North Island of New Zealand.
6) My outspokenness delights some people and annoys others.
7) I love walking barefoot on the grass.
Through their posts and comments these bloggers send a dose of sunshine to the garden of my life.
Jersey delights us with her wisdom, photography, cooking and art. Her blog has a unique charm and sensitivity. It is breathtaking.
Elizabeth loves traveling and shares her stories on her blog. She is a versatile writer with a fascinating imagination.
Gary is a very good friend of mine who spreads hope, peace and laughter wherever he goes. He is determined to break the stigma that surrounds mental health issues. He also writes poetry and shares it along with captivating snapshots.
Sharon shares quotes and interesting articles on writing.
Trini at Paths of the Spirit celebrates life everyday through her uplifting posts. Her poetry and art mesmerize the spirit.
Manzanita can answer all your questions about herbs and gardening. She loves to dance and has a wonderful sense of humor.
Hilary is a lover of life who has a passion for blogging. From her blog she invites you to travel through time and space...
Patsy's enthusiasm is contagious. She writes creative posts about the different meanings of words and shares opportunities to enter free literary contests.
Thank you everybody for visiting this blog.
Till next time. Relax and enjoy the music now.