Sunday, February 3, 2013

Short story contest


   If you want to challenge yourself by submitting to a literary contest, this is one you may want to consider. There is no reading fee and the prize is $100  USD and publication in the Southern Pacific Review. The deadline is on March 30, 2013.
    Simultaneous admissions are allowed but not multiple submissions. E-mail your short story to editor@gringolandiasantiago.com

  The Southern Pacific Review has been publishing both established and new writers from all over the world for over a year.

Good luck and have fun with it.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I like that there doesn't seem to be too many rules!! Like word count and on any topic too! Wonderful and I enjoyed reading the winning story of last year, thank you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out, Old Kitty. Feel free to spread the word.

      Delete
  2. I may look into partaking...but I am not as good at writing short stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a talented writer. Keep at it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks for the info. I'm going to give that a shot.
    I also wanted to ask if you'd checked out Google + Communities? There are several writing communities that are sharing some great resources for writers.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rick. No, I didn't know about them. I should check them one of these days... thanks for stopping by! And congratulations on your recently published book!

      Delete
  4. Could I do them in pictures? Just kidding! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. We should organize one in pictures, then, Angelika. It would be fun.

      Delete
  5. That sounds awesome! Thanks for the info Julia!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you.