Saturday, January 19, 2013

Insightful quotes


  I find these quotes inspiring and thought-provoking. Feel free to comment on any of them or to add one that you like. I look forward to your comments.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now." Goethe

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius


"Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself." Doris Lessing

"To preserve individuality and save it from herd-like conformity is one of education's most important challenges." Margaret H' Doubler

"Logic can take you from A to B. Imagination can take you anywhere." Albert Einstein

"Art is a lie which allows us to approach the truth." Pablo Picasso

"Regret is an appalling waste of energy. You can't build on it; it is only good for wallowing in it." Katherine Mansfield

"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free." Katherine Ponder


"There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of a small candle." Spanish proverb






7 comments:

  1. Oh I love these...especially the Picasso quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I think my favorites are the Spanish proverb and the Confucius quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Imagination can take you anywhere." I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww I do like the little candle all lit up to stave off the darkness!! Thank you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Julia. I love quotes, too, and have long filled notebooks with the. Some of these I know, some are new to me... but all very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you.