Friday, January 11, 2013

Addictive Blog Award


   
  I was nominated for the Addictive Blog Award by my blogger friend Kimberly Sullivan. Kimberly is an American expat living in the land of my ancestors, Italy. She is a prolific writer and an avid traveler. She had short stories published in literary anthologies and is  about to seek representation for her novel "In the Shadows of the Apennines".
    In my imagination I go to many cities in Europe and beyond thanks to her fascinating blog!
   As part of this award I have to list the reasons for blogging. Then, I have to nominate ten blogs. You are already familiar with my reasons for blogging, so I will skip this step and will get to the best part. Yay!



Musings of an unapologetic dreamer: an Optimistic Existentialist writes a magical blog that enchants, uplifts, and inspires even the most pessimistic human soul on earth.  He is also a gifted photographer and his posts engage many readers. He knows how to capture the beauty of life.

Life 101: I came to feel I have met Rick in person at this point. His blog is as diverse and interesting as life itself. The same applies to Jilda's blog. Check it!

Rachna's Scriptorium: a versatile writer of YA fiction and children's books. She has useful advice and interesting information about writing and the publishing world.

Writing and living: Richard  Hughes is a prolific writer and blogger whose  musings and blog posts are addictive.

The Disconnected Traveler: an avid traveler who shares interesting stories and photos. He is a talented writer and enjoys traveling throughout Europe and Latin America.

Michelle's blog: she is an Australian YA fiction writer. She blogs about writing and writers she likes. Last year Michelle won an award for one of her short stories.

Angelika's photographic sketchbook: her pictures are truly inspiring. Her love of photography is contagious.

Novel moments: Liz was my first follower! She is a published author of romance and fantasy novels.

Amsterdam Oriole: a writer who lives in Amsterdam. I googled Susan Carey after reading her funny short story "Blow me a Kiss"  from a literary anthology. Then I became her follower!

Have a lovely weekend!






13 comments:

  1. Julia I am so very humbled for your kind words. I truly am. I really love your blog and I hope you know how gifted of a writer you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is inspiring. (It's good to know you enjoy reading my blog). Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Julia. I am thankful to have you as a blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia: I thank you so very much. I will also check out the blogs of the other nominees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JJ! The photos of your traveler's blog are amazing.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Julia for this sweet award. Its one award I have not yet won. I am thankful for having you as a blog buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, thank you so much for considering me. Wow. I felt really touched when I saw your message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it, Angelika! Your blog is addictive.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Julia! I'm so glad I've had the chance to meet blogger/critique friends like you. What a treat to read your nominations for blogs. I follow Susan Carey's excellent blog, too. But otherwise, they are all new to me and I look forward to exploring.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you.