Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A bird's visit


  Today I heard a bird singing outside my house. I do not know anything about the life of birds in Wisconsin during the winter season, so I stepped out to satisfy my curiosity.
  I found this woodpecker bursting with energy on a tree. I took a picture of him.
 I searched information about woodpeckers on the web and, just for the fun of it,  I also checked a book I have by Arin Murphy-Hiscock that describes different birds and the meaning they represent. According to this author, "If a woodpecker shows itself to you, it is a message that you have the key to something. The woodpecker advises you to be hard-headed and focused; work hard and you will get results. Don't be swayed or turned away by what seems to be an impossible task. The woodpecker's stiff tail and well-packed brain also suggest that you should brace yourself for what may seem like an impenetrable challenge. But remember, you have the key that will allow you to pass."
 Reading this made me giggle. Not a bad message to receive on New Year's day!

8 comments:

  1. I'm a huge bird watcher and love woodpeckers -- so I'm happy to hear what they "represent".... definitely a good message to receive any day! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to watch birds, too, Julia. They are mysterious creatures. We had some robins building a nest over our door last summer.

      Delete
  2. I am very happy you had an a very enjoyable January 1 st! Congratulations. I love birds,too. So, I guess that your new neiborgh is going to stay there close to you,giving you the best of your energy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely surprise, yes. Birds are charming and mysterious.

      Delete
  3. Amazing. I love your little visitor. What an interesting picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Angelikas. I am not good at taking pictures but I try my best.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you.