Sunday, January 8, 2012

Art and life

A week ago, on New Year's day, I went with my family to the Milwaukee Art Museum to enjoy the impressionist exhibition. It was the perfect way to begin 2012. Art brings new ideas, thoughts and perspectives to our minds. I welcome and cherish this flexibility  to create new positive solutions to the problems that trouble me. One of my New Year's resolutions is to avoid getting worried about things. When we channel the energy  to deal creatively with the challenges that life has for us, we have no extra energy to get concerned. I wish you this healthy attitude in your own life. Have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Thanks so much for following my blog. I think your approach to the new year is admirable and I hope that it pays off in ways you couldn't even begin to dream was possible.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misha. It is paying off already. It is life transforming. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have decided not to get excessively worried this year...its just a waste of my energy as I have no control over anything in life. Have a great week, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very wise comment, Rachna. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once read somewhere that 'Worry is like a rocking chair. It keeps you occupied, but doesn't take you anywhere.'

    I've tried to stay away from that sort of needless stress since.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you.