Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Books I will be reading

   I have a passion for literature, poetry and writing. My zest for reading and writing is the driving force of my posts, and it continues to be the inspiration of this blog.
 This weekend I will be posting an essay on George Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia", a book about the Spanish Civil War.


In the next few months I will probably be less active on the blogosphere to devote more time to reading and writing.
Some of the books that have been patiently waiting for me are the following:

Roberto Bolano's "The Savage Detectives",  a novel about the lives of a group of young poets from Mexico.





The Essential Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe. His poetical prose is captivating. He is the kind of writer who speaks directly to my soul.

















 
Julia De Burgos's Song of the Simple Truth. The complete poems of Julia De Burgos, a bilingual edition. In addition to her poems there is a fascinating introduction about her life.
 Her poetry is mesmerizing.







James Joyce's Ulysses. If you have followed my blog for a while you know that I wrote about  "A Portrait of The Artist as a Young man" so I  am now compelled to read what happens next...

Jane Hirschfield's "The Lives of the Heart", a poetry collection.

A poetry collection by HD which I found when I was browsing books of poetry at a bookstore.


What are you planning to read?



2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia - I'm a poor reader and really must settle and make sure I read a book or two or three a week - just so I read and don't leave them sitting quietly ... I've bloggers' books, as well as those recommended, or seen that I've felt I'd like to buy ... then all the books from my mother and me - whittled down granted, but still plenty here ...

    Good for you .. now I'll read your George Orwell post .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will get to them, I'm sure.
      Reading is a fascinating endeavor that I can't neglect.
      I

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you.